As President Biden shared the U.S. plan for withdrawing from Afghanistan, the Taliban leadership expressed a desire to govern more moderately, following our departure, than the terrorist radical group the world has grown accustomed to.
Following the Biden administration’s abandoning of American citizens in Afghanistan, the Taliban has instead re-installed a fundamental Islamic government with reports coming out showing the government has threatened to send 2,000 suicide bombers to Washington, D.C. And yet, Biden’s administration has been silent.
The suicide-bombing threat was first reported by the Middle East Media Research Institute, or MEMRI, a watchdog that keeps an eye on communications from extremist groups and media sources.
According to a December report, during ongoing talks in Doha, Qatar — where the Taliban government seeks international recognition — Maulvi Mohammad Yaqoob Mujahid, Afghanistan’s acting defense minister, said that if America wanted troops in Afghanistan to reopen its embassy there, the Taliban wanted an equivalent number of terrorists in Washington D.C.
“If America wants 2,000 English [i.e., American] troops at its embassy in Afghanistan, we also want 2,000 Fidayeen Mujahideen [i.e., suicide bombers] from the Fateh Force at the embassy of Afghanistan in America,” a Dec. 11 tweet from Yaqoob read.
MEMRI noted that “Fidayeen is another term used by jihadi groups for their suicide bombers.
“‘Fateh Force,’ or ‘victorious force,’ is a ‘martyrdom force’ within the Badri 313 unit of the Islamic Emirate,” the group reported. “Badri 313 is named after the Ghazwa-e-Badr, the first Islamic battle led by Islam’s founder Muhammad in which 313 Muslims defeated thousands of non-Muslim tribesmen.”
Yaqoob is the son of Mullah Mohammad Omar Mujahid, the deceased co-founder and spiritual leader of the Taliban.
Last week, MEMRI reported that Taliban spokesman Zabihullah Mujahid told a Pashtu-language radio station the Taliban is readying units of suicide attackers.
— MEMRI (@MEMRIReports) January 6, 2022
“Our mujahideen in the Ishtishhadi Kandaks [martyrdom-seeking battalions] will be part of the army and [they] will be Special Forces and organized under the defense ministry,” Mujahid said.
“The Special Forces will be established in a specific number and used for special operations.”
Regardless of how fruitful the talks between the U.S. and Taliban envoys in Doha are, there won’t be an agreement by which we’re allowed 2,000 troops to open our embassy in Kabul if 2,000 members of the Ishtishhadi Kandaks are stationed in the District of Columbia.
Taliban Foreign Ministry spokesman Abdul Qahar Balkhi tweeted that their side “urged immediate unconditional unfreezing of Afghan reserves, ending of sanctions & blacklists, & disconnecting humanitarian issues from political considerations … Overall the sessions were positive and both sides agreed to continue such meetings moving forward.”
blacklists, & disconnecting humanitarian issues from political considerations.
Technical groups from both sides also held separate meetings for even better progress.
Overall the sessions were positive and both sides agreed to continue such meetings moving forward.
— Abdul Qahar Balkhi (@QaharBalkhi) November 30, 2021
The Taliban had operated peacefully under subjection to the plan put forward by President Donald Trump’s administration. Mr. Trump had promised severe consequences if the Taliban killed Americans leading up to and during the American withdrawal.
Just like during the fall of Kabul, however, the Biden administration seems unconcerned with the ugly optics or grim realities their policies have created in Afghanistan.
Save Up To 66% On MyPillow Products – Use Promo Code ETTALK